S.Man story, Basic outline


Well the first story I'll be posting up here will be my Slenderman story. Slenderman was origanaly created by the SomethingAwful Forums, there was a thread on making paranormal images, ghost pictures, spooky stuff like that.

One guy comes along and posts this really well done image of a faceless tall man in a business suit, and included a breif story about an orphange losing its children. The thread then turned into "Make Slenderman Images". Some were good, some were less good, but I felt the creature itself, the Slenderman was such a great idea, something so vaguly human and yet so obviously not. Needless to say I was inspired.

My idea for the story is inspired by the House of Leaves, a fantastic book written by Mark Danielwinski. To explain any of it would ruin it for you so I will just explain that it has a Story within a Story and leave it there. I felt this was also an incredibly wonderful way of telling a tale and wanted to try my hand at it.

The S.Man story will go as follows, a man discovers a trove of information on S.Man, police reports, emails, notebooks and diarys all by people directly in contact or soon to be in contact with the mythical horror. I am writing out each and every one of these first hand accounts, before collecting them together in an overarcing storyline.

As I have said before, this is mostly for fun, I really wanted to see how well I could pull off the concept itself, however the more I write this story, the more I find I am enjoying writing the first hand accounts, the differnt way a person could respond to this unspeakable terror. I hope I manage to get that point accross.

I digress, I have rambled enough. I will post some of what I have come to call the Kennith Backmen Account after this and probably leave it at that for a while.

-Nem

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Stories of a Slenderman. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger