My Name is Franklin, Pt. 7


I spent that night in the hotel near my house, it was a restless sleep and I was plagued by nightmares and sounds in the night. When I woke I paid for the night and headed back to my house which I found in much the same condition as I had left it, with the exception of the chest, which was now closed and once again full of the papers and tapes it had spilled over the floor the night before.

I’m not sure what possessed me but I spent that day reading one of the documents that I found within the box. At the time I figured it was still some kind of joke and I was just suffering some panic induced problem brought on from seeing Jay how I had and being alone and all sort of other excuses I made up to ease my mind and attempt to convince myself that this document was a bunch of awful lies.

That night was the turning point of which this entire horrible tale revolves. I was cleaning up in the bathroom before I headed to bed. I looked into the mirror and caught a glance of what I thought was nothing at first, and before my brain could process what I saw, I had already turned away. When it hit me I quickly snapped back and there it was. That horrifying visage of humanity. The pits, crudely mimicking eyes, the black suit and the white shirt standing out in the shadows. Forever I stared at it, hoping my mere observing would hold it back, would stay its inevitable attack. I turned around quickly and it was gone, the tree it was in didn’t even flutter. It was as if it was never there. So I told myself it wasn’t, that it was an illusion, that I was getting worked up and needed rest.

I awoke sometime in the night to find my bedroom door was open. I got up to close it, within a couple feet of the door I felt that unexplainable presence that I would come to know very very well. I turned quickly to find nothing looking back at me. I felt a growing sense of unease, the sensation of being watched. Being already unhinged I searched high and low for the source of this feeling but found nothing. At last I had wore myself out and simply went back to bed.

The next day I do not remember at all. Only that I woke late that night in the hotel I had stayed at previously with the chest looking at me.

====
Are these updates too slow? Someone let me know. If they are I'll try and speed them up.

1 comment

S. G. Renee said...

They're perfectly spaced :)

Post a Comment

 
|  Stories of a Slenderman. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger