My Name is Franklin, Pt. 4


Looking back I really should have picked up on some of the things going on. He a set of floodlights set up  and a whole bunch of security cameras. At the time I was more preoccupied with making sure he was ok but now it is so obvious. I suppose that’s more to do with what I know now that I didn’t then.

Jay came to the door and rushed me inside. He was almost unrecognisable, he had lost a lot of weight, his hair was unkempt and he smelled like sweat. For someone like Jay who prided his hygiene this was more than a little weird, but if Jay looked off, his house was something else. The wallpaper had been stripped in places, replaced with news paper clippings and notes, the carpets were gone leaving loud squeaky floorboards and worst at the time, there was no light at all.

Jay led me upstairs to the only source of light in the whole damn house, his room. He had several computer monitors set up to the cameras outside, looked like he had a bunch of them out back too. He started ranting again, I was scared to be honest, Jay was a great friend of mine and here he was living in shit and ranting incoherently. He reached down under his bed and pulled out the chest. My heart nearly stopped and I felt something completely unique. Its an odd feeling to describe, almost like trying to remember a dream. It was like I knew exactly why Jay was like this, what drove him to it and what we had to do, and then it was gone.

=====
Shorter updates, but they should come around quicker now.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Stories of a Slenderman. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger